Greetings dear friends!
Thank you in advance for taking the time to watch this brief video from Proclaim President John Bowers. We believe it will bring some further clarity about our upcoming reassignment from Germany to Jacksonville Florida in March of next year.
Just click on the play button aboveand it will take you the video on Vimeo. Thank you!
With much love in Christ Jesus,
steve, dawn, bianca and sofia
Prayers and Praises:
Please pray for a dear brother who just lost his beloved wife and our dear friend to a long battle with her health.
Pray for the people who in recent months who have heard the truth about following Jesus at one of our small venue gatherings in Germany. May they enter The Kingdom of God!
Pray for this next phase of service with Proclaim and our cross cultural move to America.
Please continue to pray for our aging parents as we try to honor them with care, love and encouragement from afar.
Because of God’s abundant mercy, grace and favor, Bianca was allowed to come back to Germany after all! We are so grateful that we will have some time together as a family during Christmas! Thank you Lord!
Praise God that Bianca and Sofia are able to have in-person classes at Taylor University. Praise God that Sofia is going to be allowed to change dorms after some issues in the one she is currently residing in.
Praise God that we are back in The Balkans doing our part in God’s Kingdom building work.
Praise God that in spite of all of our travel the last month, we have not contracted Covid.
Big Family News!
This year has been full of many unexpected changes, but of course we know that God has known all along what was going to happen. As believers in Christ we have the joy and privilege to be able to keep on trusting Him through it all.
With that in mind, we have some very big news regarding our field assignment with Proclaim International in Germany. We have spent many months, much time in prayer, lots of discussion & seeking God’s will and direction for the next chapter in our service with Proclaim.
As a result, we are accepting an opportunity presented to us by Proclaim U.S. to move our base of ministry to Jacksonville Florida where the office is located. This move will occur in March of 2021.
So what does this mean for our family, the ministry God has called us to and our partnership?
Our prayer is that our partnership would remain the same whether you are a prayer partner, a financial supporter or both. We pray that you will continue to support the work God has us doing and will continue to do! Here is a brief overview of what will be changing for us and what will NOT be changing.
1) Our commitment to and passion for ministry in The Balkans remains strong and focused. Steve will continue to spend large blocks of time working in Albania, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia etc. encouraging pastors and church planters, providing training, planning ministry together and leading teams for evangelistic outreach campaigns. The only difference will be where he unpacks his suitcase.
2) Dawn will take on a role in the Florida office with Missionary Services and Donor Management.Her role at BFA the last 7-years has equipped her well for this assignment and she is excited about serving with Proclaim in this way.
3) We will have a key role in the development of a new International Ministry Center based in Jacksonville Florida. This New ministry Center will specifically provide for the developing and changing needs in America as well as create a global center for ministry development outside of the U.S. This center will also serve as a recruitment and training center to prepare and develop workers and teams sent out around the globe as well as working in America.
4) Proclaim International is declaring the United States as a mission field. While the need for more ministry and Kingdom workers in the U.S. is not new news, Proclaim has historically been called to International overseas ministry. Due to a number of factors, including a heightened reality of hurting, divided Americans, we are sensing that God is calling us as an organization to bring our gifts to bear in America, in seeing people come to walk with The Lord.
5) We will be closer to our supporters and supporting churches, our aging parents and of course Bianca and Sofia. This will allow us to make more frequent visits to our supporting churches for Missions focused events, to report on current ministry activities, partner in ministry together, as well as see our parents in California and Nevada. The global pandemic has caused Taylor University to be in a situation where if they have a rising number of cases on campus, there would be a need to suspend on campus classes, leaving Bianca and Sofia searching for a place to go. Dawn and I being in Florida would provide a place for them to be and provide some stability for them.
Below are 2-Documents you can read for more detailed information on this upcoming move. Just click on the “Purple” type below and it bring up documents from our family and one from leadership in Proclaim explaining this reassignment in more detail.
We encourage you to get in touch with us if you have any questions about this move of our base of ministry. We want to answer all your questions and provide times to pray together! We invite you into this process to help us navigate through what will be a challenging time for our family. We are so grateful for your friendship, faithful support and prayers over the years, and we hope you will continue to desire to partner with us in our work of proclaiming The Gospel to people who are searching for hope and a life with purpose.
May the peace of Christ be with you!
With much love,
steve, dawn, bianca and sofia
How you can be praying for us during this time:Please pray for us to navigate well through the logistical details, and that God will make it clear what needs to be done and when.