How does offering a drum circle to a group of Refugees advance The Gospel and help build The Kingdom of God?
Simple… It creates an opportunity to spend time with people, engage in conversations and build relationships.
This is just a small part of the work God has for us here in Germany, but an exciting one!
One of the great things we have discovered about the drum circle idea, is that it is one of the few things that will draw men out of the rooms they live in and into the public room at the center. That said, many ladies and children come to the public room as well. It’s fun, and a very simple way to learn more about people… their names, where they come from, what they like to eat, etc.
Most people at the center have at least some German that we can use to communicate. There are other team members who come along that can communicate in Arabic as well. This is a huge help!
My teammates Todd and Terri are typically with me as we engage with this group of people who are at the center. These people are at various stages of attempting to acquire permissions to stay in Germany permanently. Some will eventually be allowed to stay and sadly, some will be deported and sent back to their home countries.
They are here from various countries such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, many African countries and more with a large percentage of them are Muslim peoples.
The idea of our involvement at the center is to be a witness for Christ, as we and others spend time with them, gain their trust and build relationships.
In addition to spending time at the center involved in various activities, this group of people are often invited to Bible Studies, Holiday events, ESL classes, group meals, game nights, arts and crafts and other times of just hanging out together away from the center. The drum circle is but one point of contact.
What an amazing God orchestratedopportunity to engage people from so many different places 20 minutes away from where we live!
These are men, women and children who have hopes, dreams, problems, questions, needs just like the rest of us! These are God’s people whom He loves!
If bringing a few boxes of drums to a Refugee Center allows us the chance to spend time with God’s people who need Jesus Christ in their lives, then it’s more than worth it!
Thanking God for you all as we have the honor & privilege of being on mission and being your hands feet and voice in this region of the world!
With much love and gratitude in Christ Jesus,
steve, dawn, bianca and sofia
PS – One of the things I was involved with while still in America was “The Rhythmic Arts Project”, an amazing program that uses the drum circle format to work with developmentally delayed individuals with issues such as Down’s Syndrome and Autism. It’s a creative way to teach fundamental academics, develop gross and fine motor skills, build social skills and more. The drums I’m using here in Germany were donated to me by Oak Hills Church. Thanks again!
Check em out!
Some of What’s Next?
- April 28 & 29 – German Worship Album Project Live Recording with G5 Church
- May 3-7– Proclaim IC Meetings in France
- May 28-31– Advance Trip to Budapest Hungary & Novi Sad Serbia
- June 1 & 2– Worship Conference with G5 Church in Hamburg Germany
- June 3-9– Ministry Partnership with Proclaim France in Spain
- July 22-30 – Dawn on mission with Greater Europe Mission Family Camp in France
- August 10-27 – Evangelistic Campaign in Hungary and Serbia partnering with a group working in Roma villages
- September 3-5– Advance Trip to Albania
- October 15-29– Evangelistic Campaign in Albania working with National Churches
- Local, regional and international Ministry planning and development
- Drum Circle Outreach with Refugees in Kandern & Efringen Kirchen
- Serving in our local German Church G5 meineKirche
- Meetings with national believers for on-going recruitment efforts
- Dawn’s continued work in the Finance office at The Black Forest Academy
- Evangelistic Outreach Program Development with Team Germany
- Prayer Requests
Please pray for Steve’s mom Mary as she has is dealing with some significant health challenges as of late. Please pray for her physical health but most importantly for her salvation!
Please pray for a close family member who is experiencing a serious chronic health issue.
Please pray that all we do, all the plans we make are in alignment with God’s will through the leading of The Holy Spirit
Please pray for all the planning and details regarding the large scale evangelistic campaigns in Hungary & Serbia and Albania Steve is leading this summer